West Central Railway, Jabalpur requires 590 group ‘D’ posts of helper, safaiwala, parcel porter, gangman etc. against Ex-serviceman quota. Applications are invited from eligible Ex-Servicemen who fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned below
for filling up the following vacancies in Pay Band-1 of Rs. 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1800 (Erstwhile Group ‘D’) in West Central Railway.
|Name of the post||Pay Band & GP(In)||No. of vacancies||Stages of examination|
|Gangman, Helper, Safaiwala, Parcel
Porter, Station Porter, Pointsman,
Store Khalasi, Office Peon, Hospital
- Ex-Serviceman who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent are eligible to apply, provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service.
- Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Government Service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as Ex-Servicemen for further employment cannot claim Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment.
- Sons/Daughters/Wards of Ex-Servicemen are not eligible to apply for the post reserved for Ex-Servicemen.
1. For General candidates : 33 years + extent of military service + 3 years
2. For SC/ST candidates : 38 years + extent of military service + 3 years
3. For OBC candidates : 36 years + extent of military service + 3 years
The age will be reckon up as on 01.06.2013.
Exam Fee: No examination fee
The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit of total length of military service and ex-Servicemen over and above 20% of vacancies will be called for verification of original documents. Candidates will be selected bases on merit-cum-medical fitness-cum-choice of the candidate. Post once allotted will not be changed on any account. There will be no written examination/interview or Physical Efficiency Test.
The candidate selected will be subjected to medical examination as per medical classification mentioned against the post allotted as per Merit. Only those candidates who are medically fit would be offered appointment.
Last Date for submission : 02 Sept. 2013 by 06.00 PM
How to Apply:
- Eligible Ex-Servicemen should submit their applications in the format given in the advertisement. Applications should be made on good quality A-4 size (210mm x 297mm) white paper using one side only. Applications in any other format will be rejected.
- The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed on top –“Employment Notice No. WCR/RRC/ExSM/Rcctt/01/2013, Recruitment in Group-D against Ex-Servicemen Quota”.
- The application should be sent by ordinary post so as to reach this office before the closing date, or should be dropped in the box provided at the Railway Recruitment Cell/Jabalpur.
- No acknowledgement will be given for the applications sent through registered post or courier. No application will be received after the closing date and time i.e.18.00 hrs of 02.09.2013. Applications received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
Address for sending application:
“Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, West Central Railway, RB-III/ 422/1-2, Nehru Railway Colony, Howbagh, Jabalpur.”