The Combined Defence Services (CDS) is the national level entrance exam for the selection and admission of eligible applicants in the following main institutes of training for Defence Services in India- Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy and Air Force Academy respectively.People who are interested to made his career in Defence can apply online application before the last date through the authorized website of CDS. The entrance exam is held every year twice in the months of February and November while the notifications for the same come in the months of June and October respectively.
Applicants can go through the authorized official website www.upsconline.nic.in to apply online application form for the CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2014. Candidates are advised to keep in the touch regularly with the authorized website of Combined Defence Services (CDS) to know more information about the latest and upcoming notification like CDS Exam-II Admit Cards 2014, Combined Defence Services Exam Result 2014 and CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2014. People must reads the instruction carefully before filling their online application form. Candidates can apply online application form for the Combined Defence Services Exam-II 2014 through the official website of UPSC.
The CDS Exam-II will be conducted by the UPSC in various centres allotted by the Defence Board on 26 October, 2014. The people who applied for the CDS Recruitment 2014 can start their preparation with the latest syllabus of Combined Defence Service Examination-II 2014.
The last date of apply online application form is 18 Aug, 2014.
Combined Defence Service (CDS) Exam-II Post Details:
|01.||Indian Military Academy Dehradun||200|
|02.||Indian Naval Academy||45|
|03.||Officers Training Academy||175|
|04.||Air Force Academy||32|
|05.||Officers Training Academy Chennai||12|
- Candidates age should be between 18 to 23 years or we can say that unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1991 and not later than 1st July, 1996 for the post Indian Military Academy.
- Applicants can born not earlier than 2nd July, 1992 and not later than 1st July, 1996 for the post Air Force Academy are only eligible.
- The candidates should be born between 2nd July, 1990 to 1st July, 1996 are applicable to apply for the post Officer Training Academy.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per government rules.
- Applicants must have Degree in any discipline from any recognized College/University for the post Sr no-1, 3, 5 ( IMA and OTA Academy ).
- For Indian Naval Academy candidates must have Degree in Engineering in any discipline from any recognized College or University or Institution.
- Bachelor Of Engineering with physics and mathematics at 12th level from any recognized College/University or Institution for the post Sr no-4 ( Air Force Academy )
- Eligible candidates can apply for the desired post only if they are applicable to apply.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs.200/- ( Two Hundred Only ) as a application fee either by depositing the money in the branch of SBI by cash and by using net banking facilities of SBI or by using Visa Debit/Credit Cards.
- All female candidates and applicants belonging from SC/ST categories candidates are not need to pay any application fees.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Written Exam: The selection is based on the written examination will be conducted by the UPSC. The question paper is of 200 marks for the Officer Training Academy and 300 marks for all other posts mention above. The question paper will be objective type and also have a negative marking. The CDS Exam-II will be conducting on 26 Oct, 2014 in various centres allotted by the Commission. Only commission has a right to change the examination centre of the candidates, if required. Applicants are advised to not bring any mobile phones/Calculator/Electronics Appliances and other valuable/costly items in the examination hall. The one third (0.33) marks will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer given by the candidates.
Personal Interview: Shortlisted/Exam Qualified candidates called for an interview(SSB). Candidates will be selected on the basis of medical examination also, if candidates will be fit medically then their name will be mention in merit list. The final selection of the candidates on the basis of merit list prepared by the commission.
Procedure to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online application through the official website of UPSC.
- Log on the official website click on the link UPSC Online Application.
- The application form will be fill in the two part process named as Part-I and Part-II.
- In Part-I, candidates can fill all the essential details of the candidates and click on the submit button.
- After completing Part-I candidates can print out the challan form and payment fee in the nearest branch of SBI.
- In Part-II candidates can fill the journal ID given by the bank.
- Upload Photograph and signature in JPG format in such a manner that each files size not exceed 40 kb.
- Candidates are advised to apply online application well in time without waiting for the last date of submission of application form.
- Candidates are required to apply online by filling online application form through official website
- Opening date of online application form: 19 July, 2014
- Last date of apply online application form: 18 Aug, 2014
- Date of Examination: 26 Oct, 2014