Indian Air Force conducted a air force common admission test (AFCAT) – 02/2014 for the recruitment of male Indian citizens to the post Flying, Technical and General duty Branch for the grant of Permanent/Short service commission. Candidates join as permanent commission officers would continue to service till the date of superannuation. The initial tenure of short service commission officers in technical and ground duty branches would be a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, availability of vacancies and service requirement.
The engagement period for SCC flying branch is fourteen years from the date of commissioning ( Not be Extended ). Candidates who have failed the pilot aptitude battery test (PABT) in an earlier attempt or the flight cadet suspended from flying training in air force training academy.
Eligible and interested candidates can apply online application through the official website given below before on 03 July,2014.
AIF Posts Detail:
|01.||Flying Branch (SSC)|
|02.||Technical Branch (SSC/PC)|
|03.||Ground Duty Branch (SSC/|
- Candidates age should be between 19 to 23 years as on 01 July, 2015 i.e born between 02 July,1992 to 01 July,1996 ( Both dates are Inclusive ). The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current commercial pilot licences issued by DGCA(India) is relaxable upto 25 years i.e born between 02 July,1992 to 01 July,1996 ( Both dates included).
Technical Branch-197/15T/PC/M & 197/15T/SSC/M:
- Candidates age should be between 18 to 28 years as on 01 July,2015 i.e. born between 02 July,1987 to 01 July,1997 ( Both dates included ).
Ground Duty Branch-197/15G/PC/M & 197/15G/SSC/M:
- The age limit of the candidates for the graduates is 20 to 23 years ,for post graduate/LLB ( Five years integrated course ) is 20 to 25 years, for LLB ( Three years course after graduation) is 20 to 26 years and for M.ed/Ph.d/CA/ICWA is 20 to 27 years.
- Candidate must have graduation( Minimum three years degree course ) with 60% marks in aggregate in all papers from any recognized University/institute and have passed physics and maths with minimum 60% marks at 10+2 level or BE/B.Tech Degree from any recognized college/university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all semesters.
- Aeronautical Engineer (L) Branch: Candidates applying for aeronautical engineer (L) branch would be eligible if they undergoes for minimum four years degree qualification from any recognised colleges/university Or cleared the section A and B examination of associated membership of institution in engineering or aeronautical society of India.
- Aeronautical Engineer (M) Branch: Candidates applying for aeronautical engineer (M) branch would be eligible if they undergoes for minimum four year degree qualification from any recognized college/university Or cleared the section A and B examination of associate membership of institution in engineering or aeronautical society of Indian by actual studies.
Ground Duty Branch:
- Administration and Logistic Branch: Candidates have graduate degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks in all papers or post graduation degree/equivalent diploma in any discipline from any recognised university/institute with minimum 50% marks in aggregate of all papers.
- Education Branch: Applicants must have post graduate degree from any recognized university/institute with aggregate 50% marks in all papers.
- Account Branch: Candidates must have graduate degree in commerce (B.com) minimum three years degree course with 60% marks in aggregate in all subject put together or post graduate degree in commerce with 50% marks aggregate in all subjects.
- Written Exam: AIF conducted the air force common admission test(AFCAT) for the candidates selection for the next level. The exam will be conducted on 31 August,2014.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who are short listed on the basis of AFCAT will be called for the further testing at one of the air forces selection board at Dehradun, Mysore, Ghandhinagar, and Varanasi.
- Note: For flying candidates pilot Aptitude battery test would be administrated to the eligible candidates.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are apply online application through the career website of IAF.
- Applicants must note down the registration number of future use correspondence.
- Please save your recent colour passport size photograph ( Size 10 to 50 Kb ) in the computer to upload with the application form.
- Candidates are required to apply online by filling online application form through official website.
- Opening date of online application form: 07 June,2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 03 July,2014
- Date of AFCAT examination: 31 Aug,2014