All India Examination of Graduates Aptitude Test In Engineering that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and Post Graduate level subjects in science. People who are interested can apply online application form through the official website of GATE. The GATE score card is used for admissions to post graduate programs like M.E/M.Tech and P.hd in Indian Institute of higher Education. The overall coordination and responsibility of conducting GATE Examination 2015 lie with the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
Applicants can go through the official website www.gate.iitl.ac.in to apply online application form and know more information about the latest and notification. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. People are advised to keep in touch regularly with the official website to know more information about the GATE Exam Admit Cards 2014, GATE Exam Result 2015 and GATE 2015 Notification. Before applying online application form people must satisfy with the eligibility criteria for the desired posts.
Updates:- GATE Result Download >>— 12 Mar, 2015
Note: People can also download Gate-2015 Syllabus from the link here: Download Syllabus GATE-2015
The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled online application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE office along with necessary documents, if any. There are a total of 22 papers for which GATE 2015 Examination will be held out of which candidates is allowed to appears in only one paper as your choice in which he/she will be selected in the application form. The Gate Examination 2015 will be held on between 31 Jan, 2015 to 14 Feb, 2015.
The last date for filling online application form is 01 Oct, 2014. The GATE online application processing systems (GOAPS) opens website will be on 01 Sep, 2014.
GATE 2015 Examination Notification Details:
Name of Examination: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2015
Number of Papers: 22 Papers
Organizing Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur or IIT Kanpur.
List of GATE Papers and Corresponding Code 2014:
|Sr.||Name Of Paper GATE Examination|
|01.||Aerospace Engg (AE)|
|02.||Geology and Geophysics (GG)|
|03.||Agricultural Engg (AG)|
|04.||Instrumentation Engineering (IN)|
|05.||Architecture & Planning (AR)|
|08.||Mechanical Engineering (ME)|
|09.||Civil Engineering (CE)|
|10.||Mining Engineering (MN)|
|11.||Chemical Engineering (CH)|
|12.||Metallurgical Engineering (MT)|
|13.||Com. Sci & Information Tech (CS)|
|16.||Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)|
|17.||Electronics & Communication Engg (EC)|
|18.||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)|
|19.||Electrical Engineering (EE)|
|20.||Engineering Sciences (XE)|
|21.||Ecology and Evolution (EY)|
|22.||Life Sciences (XL)|
Eligibility Criteria: The following eligibility criteria applicants are applicable to apply-
B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharma: Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture /Pharmacy (Post-Diploma /Post B.Sc/4 years after 10+2 / Post B.Sc / Post-Diploma).
M.Sc/M.A./MCA: Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics / Statistics/Computer applications or equivalent.
Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after 10+2 or Diploma): Integrated Master’s degree programs or dual degree programs in Engineering/Technology (five year programme).
Integrated M.E./M.Tech (Post B.Sc): Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (four year programme).
Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch): B.E./B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India).
- Candidates are required to pay Rs.1500/- (Fifteen Hundred Only) for General/OBC categories candidates and Rs.750/- (Seven Hundred Fifty Only) for female applicants and SC/ST/PWD categories candidates.
- Once the fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Written Exam: Examinations for all the 22 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). Examinations for some of the papers in GATE 2015 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date. In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA). Candidates are advised to not bring any electronic appliances like cell phone, calculator, costly items in the examination hall.
Scored Card Certificate: GATE 2015 results may be made available on payment basis to Government organizations (educational institutions, R & D laboratories, industries, etc.) in India and abroad based on a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between IIT Kanpur and the organization intending to use the GATE score cards. GATE 2015 results will be announced on March 12, 2015 at 17:00 hrs and will be available on the GATE Online Application Website. GATE 2015 score is valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of the results.
Procedure to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online application form through the GATE Online Application Processing Systems (GOAPS) website.
- Click on the online application link on the login page of official website.
- Upon registration, an email will be sent with a link and one time password (OTP).
- Fill all the essential details in the application form in best of their knowledge should be correct and valid.
- Click on the link and enter the password, change the password after first login.
- Candidates who have selected online payment option will follow the instructions for online net banking in payment section and complete payment process.
- Keep the print out of application form and confirmation page.
- Candidates are required to apply online by filling online application form through official website
- Opening date for online application form: 01 Sep, 2014
- Last date for filling of online application form: 01 Oct, 2014
- Last date for change the choice of city in GATE Application: 21 Nov, 2014
- Date of downloading GATE Exam admit cards: 17 Dec, 2014 Onwards [Wednesday]
- Date of online examination: 31 Jan to 14 Feb, 2014 [Saturday/Sunday]
- Date of declaration of GATE Result: 12 Mar, 2015 [Thursday]
- Website: Applicant can go through the official website IITK GATE 2015 to apply online application form and know more information about the GATE notification 2015.
- Official Notification: Download Here
- Apply Online: Click Here