Indian Maritime University has announced a latest notification for the Common Entrance Test (CET-2015) for getting admission in maritime professional graduate and post graduate programmes. Eligible and interested candidates can apply online application form through the official website of Indian Maritime University (IMU) before the last date. Before applying online application form people must know about the eligibility criteria, educational qualification and other instruction mention below. The IMU is committed to providing quality maritime education, training and research that are responsive to Industry needs. All admissions to the various UG and PG programmes of the IMU and its Affiliated Institutes will be through All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) conducted every year, usually in the month of April.
Applicants can go through the official website http://www.imu.edu.in/ to apply online application form and also know more information about the latest and upcoming notification like IMU Entrance Test Admit Card 2015, Common Entrance Test IMU Syllabus/Paper Pattern 2015 and IMU Common Entrance Exam Result 2015. The IMU, a teaching and affiliating university under the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, came into being in November 2008 through an Act of the Parliament. It has All-India jurisdiction and is the only university in the country dedicated exclusively to the Maritime sector. A huge number of candidates were applied in the common entrance test for getting admission in B.Tech (Marine Engineering), B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering), B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair), B.Sc (Maritime Science), B.Sc (Nautical Science), Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science), MBA (Port and Shipping Management), MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management), M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) and M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering).
The last date for applying online application form is 6th April, 2015 through the authorized website of Indian Maritime University (IMU).
Indian Maritime University (IMU) CET-2015 Notification:-
Name of Organization: Indian Maritime University
Examination Name: Common Entrance Test (CET-2015)
Examination Date: 25 April, 2015 [Sunday] 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Candidates age should be not more than 27 years for the all under graduate and post graduate programmes of the Indian Maritime University (IMU).
- The age relaxation will be given upto of 3 years for OBC categories candidates and 5 years for the SC/ST categories candidates.
- Age relaxation as per government rules.
- Candidates should be have minimum educational qualification as respective their under graduation & post graduation courses in IMU.
- Applicants for UG courses are required to pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized central or state board with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics being compulsory.
- Candidates who wish to pursue PG courses through the IMU CET need to complete their graduation from Mechanical or Civil or Aeronautical or Marine or Naval Architecture Engineering or equivalent degree with minimum aggregate marks of 60% from any recognized college/board/university.
- Applicants are required to pay Rs.1000/- (One Thousand Only) for Gen/OBC categories candidates and Rs.700/- (Seven Hundred Only) for SC/ST categories candidates as a application fee.
- Once the fee paid will not be refunded under any conditions.
Written Exam: The candidates will be selected on the basis of common written entrance examination conducting by the Indian Maritime University (IMU) at various examination centres. The Indian Maritime University has switched over to Computer-based CETs on the pattern of IIT-JEE from 2014 onwards. The CETs for the August 2014 batch and for the February 2015 batch of DNS were conducted in this manner. The CETs for the August 2015 batch of admissions will also be Computer-based.
Counseling Process: Candidates who are shortlisted based on CET scores will be called for Counselling at designated IMU Campus(es) and will involve verification of original mark sheets and certificates, physical fitness clearance, and allotment of seats in the IMU Campuses or Affiliated Institutes. Shortlisted/Exam qualified candidates will be called for counseling through the medium of counseling letter.
- Candidates can apply online application form through the official website of Indian Maritime University (IMU).
- Click on the CET April-2015 link on the login page of authorized website of IMU.
- Before filling their online application form candidates read the instruction carefully and also have a scanned image of recently coloured passport sized photograph & signature.
- Fill all the details in the application form should be correct & true.
- Uploaded scanned image of coloured passport size photograph and signature of size not more than 50kb & 20kb respectively in JPG/JPEG format.
- Print application form & confirmation page for future reference.
- Candidates are required to apply online by filling online application form through official website.
- Opening Date of Online Application Form : 25 Feb, 2015
- Closing Date for Online Application Form : 6th April, 2015
- Download Admit Card/Hall Ticket : 11th April, 2015 Onwards
- Examination Date (Online) : 25 April, 2015 [Sunday]
- Declaration of Result: 30th Apr, 2015
- Date of Counseling : 11 May, 2015 to 12 June, 2015
- Click Here: CET-2015 Online Application Form 2015
- Official Notification: Download Here
- Official website: Applicants can go through the official website www.imu.edu.in to apply online application form and also know more information about the latest and upcoming notification.