Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) releases notification for the recruitment of 45 Forest Rangers post. There are a total of 45 vacancies in Assam Forest department. Among these 45 jobs, 19 are for general category employees, 11 for OBC candidates and 15 for SC/ST and other reserved category job seekers.
Minimum qualification for this job post is graduation in Bachelor’s degree from science stream. Interested candidates of Assam state can apply this job till 8 August 2014.
Post Name: Forest Ranger
- Applicant’ age must not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years on the 1st January 2014.
- The upper age limit will be relaxed in the case of SC, ST applicant up to 5 years.
- Candidates must have completed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science or Engineering of any recognized University with at least one of the following subjects-
- Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Statics, Geology, Agriculture, Horticulture, Veterinary Science Computer Application / Computer Science, Engineering (Agricultural, Chemical Civil. Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical)
Standard for height and chest will be as under :
Height: 163 cm
Chest girth: 84 Normal with 05 cm expansion
Height: 150 cm
Chest girth: 79 Normal with 05 cm expansion
- Original Treasury Receipt Rs. 5.00/- , (Rs. 2.50/- for SC/ST candidates)
- Application fees Rs. 50.00/-, (Rs. 25.00/- for SC/ST candidates)
- Written Exam
Compulsory Subjects Type of Examination Marks Duration
1. English (Essay & Précis writing etc) Conventional Essay 100 marks 3:00 hrs.
2. General Knowledge Multiple Choice 100 marks 2:00 hrs
Any two optional subject in Multiple Choice 200 marks 2:00 hrs
Candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in a written examination
- Physical Test: Candidate who qualifies for written exam are eligible for Physical fitness test. Male/Female Candidates must pass a walking test covering a distance of 25 km./16 km within 4 (four) hours on foot respectively.
- Medical Test: The candidate’s observed/checked sound hearing and general physical fitness for rough outdoor work in the Forest Department and to the fact that he bears on his body the marks of successful vaccination.
- Interview: APSC commission shall organise an interview for the candidates who passed in written exam. The marks allotted for interview round are maximum 75.
How to Apply:
- Candidates download the application form and notification from official website.
- Two passport size recent photograph duly signed by candidate.
- Educational, professional, cast certificate copy must be self attested.
- Starting of submitting Application form: 07 July 2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application form : 08 August 2014
- Website: www.apsc.nic.in
- Official Notification: Download Here
- Application form : Download Here