IIM CAT 2015 : Indian Institute of Management (IIM) is going to conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) for years 2015. This Common Admission Test will be taken in two sessions. The Exam Date is 29 November 2015.The Registration Process will be started on 6th August 2015 and will be closed on 20th September 2015. The official notification of CAT 2015 is available on official website www.iimcat.ac.in
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer based test held in India. This test scores a person on the basis of quantitative ability, data interpretation, verbal ability and logical reasoning. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam and use the test for selecting students for their business administration programs. This Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on a policy of rotation. This year IIM Ahmadabad is conducting CAT 2015 on November 29 , 2015.
The CAT exam includes Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT 2015 examination is an important component in the admission process. IIMs may use previous academic performance of the candidates.
candidates who have applied for CAT 2015, now can check the Exam Pattern and Syllabus of CAT 2015 here. PDF can be downloaded from the link given at the end of the article.
CAT 2015 Exam Pattern :
- CAT 2015 will be conducted in two sessions in one day. The exam will be held on 29.11.2015 (Sunday).
- The exam will be conducted in 136 Cities comprising 650 Test Sites. • Candidates will be given the option to select 4 Test Cities in order of preference and hence need not rush to block slots and sites in the initial days of registration.
- We will try our best to assign candidates their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online mode only, including Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking.
- After submission of Application, candidates will be permitted to download their Admit Card from October 15, 2015 onwards, till the date of examination.
- Duration of the examination is 180 minutes.
- There will be three sections
‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’
‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’
‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)’.
- QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, and DILR will have 32 questions.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen.
- The tutorials will clearly explain this change. Also, we will allow use of basic on-screen calculator for computation.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section
- Tutorial to understand the format of the examination will be available on the CAT website from 15th October 2015. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials, available on the website, well in advance.
CAT 2015 Syllabus :
- Quantitative Ability (QA) Syllabus :
Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations etc
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) Syllabus :
Interpretation and analysis of Data based on test, graphs, test graphs of Line &area topics, charts of Column, bar, pie and Venn diagram topics etc,
Clocks, Calendar, Binary logic, Seating arrangement questions, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption problems, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement etc.
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC) Syllabus :
Reading comprehension , verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, idioms, sentence correction etc,.
CAT 2015 Selection Process:
- Written Ability Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
CAT 2015 Procedure to Apply:
- The Registration Process will be opened on 6th August 2015 and will be closed on 20th September 2015
- The details about the registration process will be available on CAT 2015 website www.iilmcat.ac.in
CAT 2015 Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Registration is 6th August 2015
- Last Date of Registration is 20th September 2015
CAT 2015 Important Links:
- Official Website: www.iilmcat.ac.in