UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam : Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conduct Preliminary Exam for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) on 23 August 2015. A massive number of applicants are expected to give the examination. The official website of UPSc is www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC conducts Preliminary Exam and Main Examination every year for IAS. IAS is the most reputed exam for civil services in India. This article is dedicated to the Syllabus and Exam Pattern of IAS Preliminary Exam 2015.
The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the premier administrative civil service of the Government of India. IAS officers hold key and strategic positions in the Union Government, States and public-sector undertakings. IAS as the permanent bureaucracy in India forms an inseparable part of the executive branch of the Government of India thus providing continuity and neutrality to the administration. There are no higher civil services other than aforementioned two services under Government of India.
UPSC IAS Exam Pattern 2015
Recruitment of Indian Administrative Service is done by an extremely competitive examination which is called ‘Civil Service Examination’. This Exam is organized by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The Civil Service Examination contains following three level process :
- Preliminary Exam
Paper – I (200 Marks)
Paper –II (200 Marks)
The duration of each paper is Two hours
- Main Examination
Paper A (300 Marks)
Paper B (300 Marks)
Papers to be counted for merit
Paper – I (250 Marks)
Paper – II (250 marks)
Paper – III (250 marks)
Paper – IV (250 Marks)
Paper – V (250 Marks)
Paper – VI (250 Marks)
Paper – VII (250 Marks)
We are going to provide Syllabus of UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam, candidates can check out the subjects which are included in IAS Preliminary Exam 2015.
UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2015 :
Preliminary Exam is a written exam which is divided into Two Papers. Each paper is of 200 Marks.
Paper – I (200 Marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives,etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science.
Paper – II ( 200 Marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc Class X level)
Note 1 : Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3 : It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case
he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
Note 4 : The duration of each paper will be Two Hours
Download Here : UPSC IAS Preliminary Syllabus 2015 PDF
Download Here : UPSC IAS Previous Years Exam Papers
- Date of Preliminary Exam : 23 August 2015
- Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in