Syllabus of UPSC CDS Recruitment : Union Public Service Commission is gong to conduct a Combined Defence Services Examination for 463 various courses. UPSC released an official notification on its website www.upsc.gov.in to recruit 463 eligible candidates. Last date of of online application is 14.08.2015.
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct Combined Defence Services Examination on 1st November 2015. This CDS exam will be for 463 Vacancies in various courses such as
- Indian Military Academy
- Indian Naval Academy
- Air Force Academy Training Course
- Officers Training Academy SSC Course for Men
- Officers Training Academy SSC Course for Women
Degree Holders in relevant stream can apply for Union Public Service Commission Combined Defence Services 463 Vacancies Examination. Minimum age is 18 years and Maximum age is 22 years has been set to appear for this exam. UPSC CDS exam is held two times in a years. A large number of applicants are to be expected to be appeared in UPSC CDS Exam. Candidates can apply through online mode only for these 463 Posts in UPSC CDS.
UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus
Now those candidates who have applied or looking forward to apply for UPSC CDS Exam will need to know about the syllabus declared by UPSC . The Competitive exam comprises Written Exam and Interview.
Written Exam ( Indian Military Academy,Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy) consists :
|General Knowledge||(100 Marks)|
|Elementary Mathematics||(100 Marks)|
Written Exam ( Officers Training Academy) consists :
|General Knowledge||(100 Marks)|
The duration of Each paper will be 2 Hours.
Interview : Intelligence and Personality Test
The written exam will be in the form of Objective Type only, The Standard of Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level. The Standard of Other Subjects will be of Graduate Level.
Detail of UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus :
- Understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
- General Knowledge:
- General Awareness of Current Events, Matters of Everyday Observation, General Questions of History and Geography of India.
- Elementary Mathematics :
- Arithmetic : Number System-Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers, Fundamental Operations additions, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Square Roots, Decimal, Fractions, Unitary Method, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Percentages, Applications to simple and compound interest, Profit and loss, Ratio and proportion, Variation.Elementary Theory : Division algorithm, Prime and Composite numbers, Test of divisibility by 2,3,4,5,9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, Laws of logarithms, Use of logarithmic tables.
- Algebra : Basic operations, Simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F. and L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, Solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients , Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions, Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions, set language and set notations, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
- Trigonometry : Sine x, Cosine x, Tangent x when 0o ≤ x ≤ 90o value of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0o 30o 45o 60o and 90o Simple trigonometric identities Use of trigonometric tables Simple cases of heights and distances
- Geometry : Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and attitudes, Properties of angles, Sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, Loci
- Mensuration : Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures, Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics : Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation, frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
Download Here : PDF of UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus
Download Here : UPSC CDS Exam Previous Years Papers
UPSC CDS Exam Important Dates:
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form : 14.08.2015.
- Date of CDS Examination : 01.11.2015
UPSC CDS Exam Important Links:
- Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in